Your one stop shop for Four Point Probe Heads
MPP probes are compatible with wafer resistivity measurement equipment brands such as:
KLA, Filmetrics, Kokusai, Napson, Semilab, Signatone and other tabletop equipment manufacturers
MPP's Probe History
- Three main types of probe versions are available :
- Fell type–Chrome Coated Brass body
- Disposable type– Plastic Injection Molded body
- Aluminum body type
- Customized probe design are also available.
- For each we offer wide selection of:
- Needle Materials
- Tip Radii & designs
- Tip Spacing
- Needle Load
- Needles array
- Connectors / wire length
- Product support & repair
- Certified refurbishment program
- Fell Probe:
- Provide the best solution for reliable resistivity measurements, achieved by accurate probe head geometry.
- The Fell body and lower guide made of brass, providing an extremely stable mass for the precision machined parts.
- Disposable Probe:
- Offer inexpensive means of obtaining resistivity measurements while retaining a precision probe head geometry.
- The Disposable body is made of an extremely stable plastic with high impact strength:
- Have a high electrical resistance.
- The body’s gray color was meticulously selected to reduce the effect of light reflection
- Aluminum Probe:
- The Aluminum body allows an intermediate solution between the Fell body and the Disposable body.
- Allows tight tolerances as Fell yet less expensive solution
- Made of a high-grade high-speed steel to achieve extremely low resistance.
- Tips are made of either Tungsten Carbide or Osmium Alloy to provide options between durability and improved electrical contact.
- Independently adjusted pressure of each needle eliminating tolerance variations.
- Each spring is fitted with Ruby Jewels to provide smoother operation and additional leakage protection.
- MPP supports customized needles and Probe heads
Probes Features And Applications
MPP’s Probe Head Features:
- Low friction upper guide
- A wide range of probe tip radii
- Individual needle pressure adjustment
- High breakdown voltage with low leakage
- A wide range of needle tip spacing
- Brass lower guide with inserted ruby guides
- Tungsten Carbide or Osmium Alloy needle tips
- Repair and configuration services
- Resistivity measurement of silicon ingots
- 4-point measurement of wafer resistivity
- 4-point measurement of epitaxial, ion-implanted, and defused layers.
- 4-point measurement of metallic and other films.